Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sending out Monthly Birthday cards


Cards for the grandkids and great nieces and nephews
The candles reflect their age

       It seems the need for birthday cards never ends.  I have lots of cards in my stash for adults, but not so many for little kids. So today I created several kid cards using the same card base.  Each month I send out birthday cards to family, Quilt Guild members, and stamping customers. I love doing it and consider it one of my services to those I care about.
    As someone who always has good intentions, I find myself being really good about sending out cards for the first couple of months in a year and then slacking off about March.  So, this year I came up with a great system.

1. In January I addressed envelopes and chose cards for everyone who had a birthday in January and February.

2. In place of a stamp I write the date that I need to mail the card to get it to the person on time.

3. At the end of January I addressed envelopes and chose cards for those who had birthdays in March.

4. In February for those who had birthdays in April and yesterday for those who had birthdays in May.

    I feel very organized and pleased to know that I am almost half-way through the year and have kept up with cards.  Yeah Me!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment