Friday, May 17, 2013

Spring Flowers Scrapbook Layout



     One of my favorite ways to create a two page spread is to have one page the mirror image of the other like this one.  When I knew I wanted a bunch of flowers on the page I was trying to figure out how to do a vase without having to create and cut out a design of my own.  Then I remembered the big shot die called Dresden Design.  It was a perfect vase and the reason one vase is taller than the other.  This die is one that is retiring with the current catalog. Next, I wanted to add something to the vases so they did not look so plain.  Vase number 2 was embossed with polka dots.
    

    To create the look for vase number 1, I used the Borders Scoring plate that attaches to the Simply Scored tool.  To highlight the scoring on the vase, I rubbed some ink from the Illuminate ink pad which also gives the scoring some shine.


     I wanted some variety on each flower and had great fun using a different focus on each one. What kind of pictures would you put on this page?  I have some great pictures of flowers in my backyard that would fit in just fine.  But, big problem where have I put these pictures?



No comments:

Post a Comment