Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Fall Wreath Fun



     Wouldn't you love to have this wreath in your house?  Well, some of my stamping friends will be making this wreath today.  I pretty much copied the design from the catalog.  After all isn't what that is for.  I used the solid colored cardstock that coordinated with the Sweater Weather designer paper.  I textured the cardstock using the Woodgrain, Stylish Stripes, and Chevron embossing folders.  The new Burlap ribbon worked out as the perfect wreath holder.  I did have to go to several locations to find the Styrofoam wreath I was looking for.  I could not believe how much they cost.  I wrapped the wreath in muslin strips to cover over the blaring white of the Styrofoam. I am looking forward to making the winter wreath and offer that as a class in November. Now to figure out where to place this in my house.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue,
    this is your lunch partner from convention. i t was a pleasure to met you and share coincidences. I am slowly but surely checking out blogs etc as I have finally signed up for a dbws. You have given me some good ideas, so thank you. Since returning from convention I have made contact with a seniors home and over the course of the next year will be teaching a few classes so I was thrilled to see your post about your experience at Knollwood. I must be out of my mind as I have promised to make 3D flowers with them for their dining room tables, I might need one of those funny jackets by the end. Don't forget if you are ever this way to let me know. Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenni It is good to hear from you. If I can help at all with ideas for your seniors home let me know. Good luck with the 3-D flowers.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete