Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Ronald McDonald House Charities card event



     Do you know what a swap is?  Well, it is a card front you swap at events with other people to get ideas to use in your stamping classes.  Since I have been a demonstrator for 10 years, you can imagine that I have quite a collection.  Stampin'Up! joined with the Ronald McDonald house charities my first year as a demonstrator.  Each year they create a stamp set that benefits the charities all over the world.  They have donated over $1,000,000 in the 10 years that have had this connection.
   Well, I recently was contacted by the lead of the Springfield, IL house and asked to have a card event and then donate the cards to the house to have on hand for families to use during their stay.  My  bright idea light came on and I had an event where people came and turned the swaps I had collected into whole cards.  Three people and myself created 115 cards in 3 hours to send to the house in Springfield.  It was great fun to work together for such a good cause.  I am planning to hold a similar event each quarter to keep the cards coming to the house.
  Once we had all the cards, I thought to myself.  Wait we need envelopes for all those cards.  I had lots of leftover designer paper and using my diagonal scoring plate, I made 115 envelopes. I had did that while watching some of my guilty pleasures, like the Bachelorette.  Yes, I do watch that show.


  I then sorted the cards by type and boxed them up to send the lead for a party they are having on August 9th.  I wish I could go but I will be heading home from my family reunion and in no shape for a party after being in the car for 6 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment