Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Beautiful Background for Technique Tuesday


   One of my favorite things to do to help me get new ideas is look through blogs.  I recently found this idea on Mary Ellen Stites blog and thought the results were stunning.  I changed up the colors and introduced this to my Press Club members in August.  Each month they make 2 technique cards and place a minimum order.  Every 5th month they are the hostess and earn all the free products. For the next few months we are making cards that focus on background techniques. To copy this technique follow these steps.....

1. Stamp the image of your choice in Versamark on white or vanilla cards stock. I used the flower from the stamp set called Regarding Dahlias.

2. Emboss using the white embossing powder.

3. Sponge your flowers using a yellow color.  I used Daffodil Delight.  Then sponge the center only using a contrasting color.  I used Crisp Cantaloupe. 

4. Finally sponge around each flower using your favorite background color.  I used Pistachio Pudding.

The background part of this card is the color that I have placed behind my embossed images.  What colors would you use, or what stamp set would you stamp?  I think it would be fun to try different colors of embossing powder for a totally different result.

If you would like to join our club just give me a heads up and I will give you more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment