Thursday, September 18, 2014

Curvy Keepsakes Box Pumpkin-3-D Thursday


















 
 One of the intriguing items in the Holiday Catalog is the Curvy Keepsakes Box.  You need to cut out two of the framelits to make one box.  I have to admit when I first looked at it in the catalog I thought it looked like it might be hard to make.  But I used my QR reader and watched this video on how to use the framelit and I thought it might be easy.  Then, I went on Pinterest and looked at all the wonderful samples people were making using the box and decided then and there is was a must have!!

  I found this pumpkin on Cindy Wilkinson's blog, Just Sponge it, and wanted to make one of my own just like it. Does it look hard to make, well it is not.

1. You will need a full sheet of card stock to make one box.  Just cut out the framelit two times.

2. Glue the base together.  I used the new fusion tape.  It worked well.  The only thing to remember when using that tape is that when you are done taping, you stop taping like you are making a check mark.  

3. Pull up the edges with the loops until they meet and then bring the edges with the slits over the top of the loops.  No more glue needed and your box is finished.

Supplies used

Stamp set Work of Art, Flower Fusion
Framelits Flower Fare, Curvy Keepsake Box
Card stock Pumpkin Pie, Mossy Meadow
Ribbon White and Tangerine Tango Two-toned trim
Ink Tangelo Twist

  Check out Pinterest and see all the cute samples people are making and see if you think this framelit is a must have.


No comments:

Post a Comment