Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Saran Wrap Technique-Wednesday Wow


     Would you like to know an alternate use for Saran Wrap?  Well, when looking for new techniques the other day I found out about this one.  My Press Club technique cards have been focusing on different backgrounds for the past month or two and I thought this technique was perfect for a fall background.

1. Take a piece of Saran Wrap that is bigger than the card stock you will be using.  I used a 3 by 4 inch piece of water color card stock as my background paper.

2. Ink up the wrap with 2 or 3 colors of ink taking care not to overlap the colors.

3. Wet your watercolor paper, then with the ink side down smoosh your wrap over the water color paper twisting and turning the wrap and pressing it into the paper. 

4. When you lift it off it will be wet, so you can blow it dry with your heat tool set on the first setting.  The colors will be blended and you should see some lines from your wrap.


Alternate technique

Follow steps 1 and 2 of the first technique but do not follow step 3.  Keep your watercolor paper dry when applying it to the card stock.  You will see a totally different look.

 
 

   I am going to see if I can find more techniques that use kitchen items.  Wouldn't that be a fun card class?  Stamping in your kitchen.  Hmmm........

No comments:

Post a Comment