Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Straw-Blowing Kinda Eclectic-Technique Tuesday

Kinda Eclectic with the straw blowing background, and an entry for a Friday Mashup


     What do you think of this background?  Personally I thought it was so much fun to make.  You might wonder where I found the idea for the background.  I found it on the blog called The Friday Mashup.  I have not completed a challenge for quite some time and decided today was the day to try a new one.


 The Friday Mashup gives you two challenges.  The first was to use the colors, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, and Basic Black.  The second was the use the Straw-Blowing technique.  You can choose either challenge or mash them up and use both.  As you can see I tried to use both.

Straw Blowing
1. Place a drop of reinker on a piece of card stock. 

2. Take and straw and blow the ink across the paper into whatever pattern it chooses to go.

3. Continue to drop reinker and blow the ink until the background becomes what you like.

  Do you notice anything similar to the stamp set used today and the one I used yesterday?  They are the same stamp set. I am going to try and feature only one stamp set each week for each daily focus.  I hope that it will show you the versatility of the stamp set and a variety of ways it can be used. Why don't you try this great technique on a card of your own?

2 comments:

  1. Sushi, your card turned out great. I'm so glad you joined us in our challenge. Great job at the Ink Blowing technique. I love how you used the Kinda Eclectic stamp set!

    Thank you for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a bright and cheery card! The butterflies are a great addition!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete