Monday, September 8, 2014

Thank You Gift for Barb- Miscellaneous Monday


   July was time for my family reunion.  My sister Barb was the host this year.  She has made something for the hostesses the past 3 years and I wanted to make something for her.  What could I do I wondered?  Barb has sewn something for everyone and she is an incredible seamstress.  I decided to make her something that I can do, and that is to stamp.

First I made an envelope box to hold several cards using the envelope punch board. The belly band was made using Burlap and Cotton ribbon with some retired roses and a cut out piece from the Sale a Bration designer paper.

 
Inside the box were 6 identical cards made from the Wetlands stamp set and a tiny envelope holding 6 sayings. I had placed dimensionals on the back of each one of the sayings so the cards could be personalized when they were sent out.  It was fun to make and a gift that symbolized something that I can do. Who would you make a gift like this for?


No comments:

Post a Comment