Monday, January 13, 2014

Create an accent



   Page 16 in the big catalog was the inspiration for this card. This time my dilemma was what do use for an accent piece.  The butterfly pictured in the original card did not seem to match the design in the paper- too delicate looking. Here's how I brainstormed what to make for the accent.

1. I noticed the dots and thought how about some circles.

2. After punching out several different sized circles, I thought about making a flower.  I thought the Triple Flower punch was a little too frilly for the look I was wanting.

3. Finally, I decided to fringe the outside circle to resemble petals. Then I chose to place a circle of a  contrasting color inside this circle and make it a little off set.  The polka dots are not evenly shaped circles.  Then for the middle I decided a black circle with look just great.

4.  Oops, what about some leaves?  I used the small oval punch cut in half and fringed.  I just arbitrarily stuck them on each side of the flower. I was very pleased with the result.  Just the accent I wanted and very easy to make.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment