Thursday, January 9, 2014

How to decide what card to make?

   
    Do you ever have a hard time trying to decide what to stamp?  I know that I do.  Since it had been so long since I had sat down to create a card I had more trouble than usual.  So, I went through my list that I use to help.

1. First decide what stamp set you want to use.  That part was easy because I knew I wanted to use Just Sayin.

2. Next go online to look at ideas.  I tried several places and did not get inspired by what I saw.

3. If that does not work, go to the catalog.  I knew that I had not used the ideas in the catalog very much since it came out so I decided I would use it for my inspiration.

4.  Earmark somehow the pages of designs you really like even if they do not feature the stamp set you want to use.  For this card I found a design on page 3 of the Occasions catalog that used Washi tape and looked fairly easy to replicate.

5. Make some changes to make the card your own.  I decided I wanted a full sized card since I might want to use this as one of my swaps for Leadership. I liked the changes I made but something did not seem right. After lunch I looked at the card again, and the sample in the catalog and made a color change.


     Isn't it amazing how a simple change can make such a difference in the look of a card.  The Washi tape was lost when I used the Basic Grey cardstock, but really pops when I changed the background color to white.
Let me know how you decide what card to make.



No comments:

Post a Comment