Monday, January 6, 2014

Just Sayin stamp set



     When I got back from Ohio helping out my daughter I had 3 boxes full of Stampin'Up! goodies waiting for me.  I finally have had the time to start playing.  I decided to focus on one stamp set at a time and explore the different ways I could use it.  So, my first set is called Just Sayin and has a matching set of framelits called Word Bubbles.  This was the first set that jumped out at me when I looked through the Occasions catalog. I also decided to focus on one set of designer papers for these cards.  I chose the paper called Sweet Sorbet, that is free from Sale a Bration with any $50 order.  This wonderful event starts January 28th, but as a demonstrator I was able to preorder items to create some samples.  Finally since I was not sure what to start making I decided to try another Freshly Made Sketch. Can you see how I changed the sketch a bit?

1. I layered the banners instead of stacking them. I used the banner set from the Occasions catalog to create the banners.  Easy Peasy.

2. I used the Just Sayin stamp set for my saying. It was so easy to cut out because of the matching framelits.

3. I applied texture to each one of the colored banners to add some interest to the card.

4. Finally I added little hearts from the owl punch and little black dots to echo the black dots in the DSP.  I used the dots from the cupcake punch.  They were just the size I wanted.

   This challenge got my creative juices flowing.  I made several cards using similar materials and will show them in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment