Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Always an Adventure-Technique Tuesday

     Can you see the cute balloons on this card.  The final measurements for the card are 4 1/2 inches by 6 inches.  Well, it would not fit into any of our standard envelopes which are meant for 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inch cards.  So.....

1. I got out my handy envelope maker and checked out the possible card sizes. The closest one I could find was 4 1/2 by 6 1/2.

2. I found that I needed to cut my paper at 8 7/8 by 8 7/8.  Do you recognize the paper?  It is the new envelope paper and comes in 4 designs and each one of the new in-colors.

3 I then placed the paper on the envelope maker at 3 3/4 inches and just scored all the edges.  When I was finished the card fit in perfectly.

So when you open the envelope this is what the card looks like, but when you take the card out of the envelope and set it on the table it looks like this.....

I made the mountains 3 different shades of brown,knowing that they look darker the further away they are.

I used the balloon framelit and cut out the balloons from the Playful Palette designer paper stack.

I stamped the clouds in Soft Sky ink to match the card stock and found a saying from the set called Thoughtful Banners. This was fun to create.

Come back tomorrow to see a wow card using this wonderful stamp set.

No comments:

Post a Comment