|Dye It Try It with canvas paper|
What is canvas paper? In the Spring catalog SU introduced canvas paper which looks like canvas, and cuts like paper. In order to make this 4 by 4 card I followed these steps as outlined in the January/February Stampin Success magazine.
1. Fill 3 containers with water. I used old baby food containers my daughter left me for whenever I had a need. I sure was glad they were there.
2. Container 1 add 1 drop of reinker. I used Island Indigo. Place your entire piece of canvas in this container for about 1 minute. The longer you keep it in the container the more the ink sticks to the paper.
3. Container 2 add 4 drops of the same color reinker. Place 2/3 of the canvas in the container for another minute.
4. Container 3 add 7 drops of reinker and place 1/3 of the canvas in this container for another minute.
5. The end result should have 3 different shades of color on the canvas. I used the heat tool on the first setting to dry the paper.
Try your own color and see what the card looks like.