Friday, April 26, 2013

How to dye Canvas paper


Dye It Try It with canvas paper


   What is canvas paper?  In the Spring catalog SU introduced canvas paper which looks like canvas, and cuts like paper. In order to make this 4 by 4 card I followed these steps as outlined in the January/February Stampin Success magazine.

1. Fill 3 containers with water.  I used old baby food containers my daughter left me for whenever I had a need.  I sure was glad they were there.

2.  Container 1 add 1 drop of reinker.  I used Island Indigo.  Place your entire piece of canvas in this container for about 1 minute.  The longer you keep it in the container the more the ink sticks to the paper.

3.  Container 2 add 4 drops of the same color reinker.  Place 2/3 of the canvas in the container for another minute.

4.  Container 3 add 7 drops of reinker and place 1/3 of the canvas in this container for  another minute.

5.  The end result should have 3 different shades of color on the canvas.  I used the heat tool on the first setting to dry the paper.

Try your own color and see what the card looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment