Friday, October 25, 2013

Fix It Friday, Sponging


     Monday was Fill Your Card box with Sympathy cards, cards I hate to have to send, but find I am sending out more and more as time goes by. This card used a sponging technique.

1. Punch a hole in the center of 1/4 piece of card stock the size you want.  I used the 1 3/4 inch punch. This piece of card stock will be your template for sponging.

2. Place the template at the top of the card and sponge the inside of the circle. I used Cajun Craze.

3. Move the circle to different parts of the card front and use a different colored sponge each time.  I used Marina Mist and Old Olive for my other colors.

4. Finish the card with a saying, and another image stamped on top of the sponged area. I stamped one of the leaf images from the stamp set Gently Falling, and the saying So Sorry.

This card was a swap I must have received a while ago because the saying is from a retired set, so I replaced the saying with one from the So Sorry stamp set.

The stamp set Gently Falling is one of the 25 stamps on sale for $25 until October 28th.  It is one of my favorites sets that I use a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment