Saturday, October 5, 2013

Scrappin Saturday-Fall Layout





     I had some Pumpkin Pie 12 by 12 card stock that I wanted to use for one of the September layouts but it seemed so bright so I toned it down with some Sahara Sand card stock.  How did I know to pick that color?  Well I knew I wanted to use some of the Sweater Weather DSP so I checked out the colors that coordinated with it and decided Sahara Sand was the one.  I used a piece of coordinating paper for a page topper.  I wanted to use as many coordinating colors as possible so I decided to make mini quilts on the sides of the pages since quilts remind me of fall.



   Gently Falling 2-step stamp set was the perfect accent piece.  I chose more of the coordinating colors to stamp the leaves.  For the outline of each leaf I used Early Espresso.  I love the look of the final pages and had great fun designing them. Now, on to finding pictures.  I found some extra pictures from my 25th wedding anniversary camping trip to Northern Wisconsin where the foliage was beautiful.  Yes, those are the pictures for these two pages.  What do you think?  I think they are a perfect match.

     I added some extra leaves to fill the empty spaces and to use for a little journaling.


  I covered the 2013 since these pictures were taken in 2008 with a wonderful picture of the foliage we saw while camping.  I added another journaling leaf at the bottom of the page so I could describe the circumstance of the camping trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment