Sunday, October 20, 2013

Simple Sunday- Fall Freshly Made Sketch


     As you can tell I love doing these Freshly Made Sketches.  They are just simple enough they do not threaten me, and give me enough guidelines I feel like I can be creative.  Since I have done a lot of Halloween cards, I decided this week to try my hand at a fall card using my favorite set Truly Grateful.


1. Sweater Weather for the bottom layer-love the colors.

2. Stamped the chevron pattern with Chocolate Chip ink on some Vanilla card stock for the next layer

3.  Used the wide burlap ribbon for the layer that goes across the card.  Added some bronze colored glitter brads as accents

4. Stamped the wheat with Chocolate Chip ink on Crushed Curry card stock and rough cut it out.  Added linen thread to follow the tied element in the stamp.

5. Instead of banners I placed 2 acorns colored with Crushed Curry and Crumb Cake markers.

I tried to interpret the basic design in a little different way and love the results.  This may be my swap for the Jubilant Butterflies meeting November 5th.


1 comment:

  1. What a fun, fall-themed card! I love the burlap ribbon and the little acorns. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete