Monday, October 14, 2013

Miscellaneous Monday-Another Freshly Made Sketch



     I think I am hooked in trying out the weekly sketches from this website Freshly Made Sketches.  This week, I decided to make a Christmas card with the sketch and if I liked I would make it one of the featured cards for my clubs this month.

    
     I really liked this card but it did not have the WOW factor I was looking for.  You see I am trying to get my card selected for the week.


     I looked at the card stock that was leftover after I made two snowflakes with the Festive Flurry stamp set and matching framelit for the above card.  I thought to myself,  "That looks like it could be a stencil." So, I used two colors that were in the Winter Frost designer paper and sponged the snowflake background.  Next, I used the Festive Flurry framelit to make an accent snowflake. I finished it off using a Vintage Faceted designer button with a baker's twine bow.  The final touch was the saying from the set More Merry Messages.  I loved the end result.  Which card is your favorite?

3 comments:

  1. I like them both! Great idea to use the snowflake negative as a template for sponging! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are fabulous and I love how you've used the negative of the snowflake to create your sponged snowflake - very resourceful! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete