Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Wednesday Wow- Round Robin Stamping

The final product of my original design.  I used the thinlit Label card for my first step.

     Recently, I held a Super Snails Snacks and Stuff day for my downline.  Each person that was able to come brought a dish to share and a shoebox swap.  First we made each other's shoe box swaps which I will show later on this week, then we had a great meal, and finally we did some round robin stamping. 
    One of my other interests is quilting and there is a technique that is used called round robin quilting.  Each quilter starts out with a center square that they design.  They then pass that square on to someone else who makes a border around the square.  The original square keeps getting passed around to other quilters who add something else to the quilt.  When it is finally finished it is returned to the original designer.
    Well, I thought it would be fun to try this technique with my downline.  Here is how we did it.......

1. Each person chose a card base and either embossed it or used a thinlit card design. They passed it on to the next person

2.  Each person then added designer paper in some way to the card, then passed it on.

3. Next step was to get a coordinating color of cardstock or a neutral color, stamp a design on this paper, and add it to the card, then pass it on.

4.  Adding any kind of an accessory was the next step, and of course pass it on.

5.  The final step was to add a saying and give it to the original designer.

  Everyone had a great time and now knows where everything goes in my stamping room.

The inside of my finished card

  An overview of everyone's round robin card.  We went around the table and shared with each other what part we had designed in the finished card.  This was so much fun I would do it again at another Super Snails Snacks and Stuff event.




No comments:

Post a Comment