Thursday, July 26, 2018

Blended Seasons-Stamped Backgrounds

Do you have a favorite season?  Mine would have to be Spring and Fall. The temperatures are cooler, and the scenery is beautiful.  

If you guess the next season I am featuring would be fall, then you would be correct.  

There is a leaf stamp that has several different sized leaves in it.  I stamped it in Versamark on the Wood Texture designer paper, and then embossed it with clear embossing powder.

There is also a framelit that cuts out a single leaf.  I cut it out using some favorite fall colors. The saying was a stamp in the Perennial Birthday stamp set.

My inspiration came from a card I found on this blog seeinginkspots.blogspot.com.



Here is another sample of stamping your own background.  I liked this card because it used a non-traditional color for Christmas.  Flirty Flamingo.  This color was last year's in-color that became a member of this year's Bright Collection.

 I used the Assortment 2 water color pencils for the Flamingo bow and the original water color pencils for the gray bell.



 A framelit was used to cut out the bell, so I did not have to worry about fussy cutting it myself.  And the bow is one of the extra framelits that comes with the set.

The Frame is called double stitched and make stitch marks of both the positive and negative part of the frame.

So, if you run out of Designer paper for the background of your card, just grab a stamp and make your own.

It is so nice today, I may take a walk tonight,
Sushi


Product List

2 comments:

  1. I REALLY like the Fall-ish Birthday card! Hint. Hint! :)
    Nancy S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy, Hmm wondering if I have your birthday in my list.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete