Friday, July 13, 2018

Brilliant Brights-My Favorite Coastal Cabana

Were you right? Did you guess Coastal Cabana?  Now, can you guess what stamp set I used for this card?

If you guessed Peaceful Reflections then you were correct.  This was a stamp that I won on Prize Patrol in Milwaukee.  To be quite frank it was my least favorite stamp set in the entire catalog. But since it was a gift I have tried to find ways to like it.  

1. I started out by stamping what looks, to me, like a lily pad flower, 3 times.

2. Then I went back and turned the stamp around and matched the centers and stamped again to create a new flower.  

3. To add texture I used to dots found in the Waterfront stamp set.  I inked the stamp, stamped it on scrap paper and then on the card for background. (called stamping off)

4. I thought the card needed something else so I stamped the dragonfly, the part of the set I have loved from the get go.  I tried using the extra pieces that fill in the dragonfly wings.  These I also stamped off once I used them.  I liked how that changed the look of the dragonfly.

5. I found the Happy Birthday saying in the You're Inspiring stamp set.  I chose it because I liked the size and the font.

Are you in love with the Bright Collection now if you were not before?
What is your favorite color and what kind of a card would you make with it?

Next week, I plan to share Christmas cards.  Since this is July and people talk about Christmas in July why not.  I will explain one of my classes along with the card that I post on Monday.

Have a great weekend,
Sushi



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment