Friday, September 7, 2018

Broadway Star scrapbook layout


 Friday already, and a rainy day to boot.  That means I can have plenty of time to stamp and scrap.  In fact the first Friday of every month, I join a group of friends for an evening of scrapbooking.  I have been working hard on getting my boxes of pictures onto my boxes of premade layouts like the ones I have shared with you this week.

The Paper Pumkin kit of the day is the Broadway Star.  It is bold and bright and coordinates with a designer paper called Broadway bound.

The first thing I do when I get a kit is make up at least one card for each of the designs they offer.  The one on the left looks like a great birthday card, and there are a number of candles offered so I could customize if for one of my grandchildren.  But not my husband who will be 84 on his next birthday.


The one on the right could be used for any kind of celebration, an award, a graduation, or for someone reaching a goal they have accomplished.  I will use it for the downline member with the highest sales of the month.




A video like this one comes every month from Stampin'Up! and has several helpful hints to make the creating a bit easier.



The next thing I do is try and create a scrapbook layout with the supplies from both the kits I receive.  This is the one I came up with. Can you find the added designer paper I added from the coordinating kit? (Hint: The balloon paper, and the gold and black paper.  You can see how well they coordinate with the kit papers.) I decided to make the layout kind of generic so that it could be used for any kind of celebration.  


The middle Hooray was made by cutting around the negative space left over from the solid Hooray.  The great thing about these words,are they are adhesive backed and therefore, so easy to place on a card or layout.


I decided to place some of the words from the stamp set, in the white space on this part of the page.  There were a lot of words I wanted to use, so I placed them on the block that comes with your first kit and used all of them together as a stamp.


It made it a lot easier than stamping each one separately and helped fill that empty space.

What a fun productive week I have had using the Paper Pumpkin kits that have been sitting around unused for several months.  I hope this week has helped you realize what fun Paper Pumpkin can be and how you can use your kit in many more ways than it is intended.

If you are interested in signing up, you can use this link to my sign up page to start receiving your own kits.  If you have any questions you can contact me at sue.scheets@gmail.com.

So what would you do on a rainy day like it is today here in Illinois? I hope whatever you do it is enjoyable.  Have a wonderful weekend and save some time to stamp.

Till next week when I will be sharing one of my favorite stamp sets from the Holiday catalog.

Sushi




No comments:

Post a Comment