Monday, September 10, 2018

Fallling for Leaves-Make it Simple Monday


  Our weather has cooled off and that makes me think of fall.  One of the bundles  I really like is called Falling for Leaves.  I also love the colors of the Country Lane designer paper which I will be featuring in all my cards this week. Here's what I love about the  bundle. 

1. The leaves are not traditional looking.
2. The thinlits are detailed and therefore amazing to me.
3. It is easy to create a simple card.

  Mondays are now going to be make it simple Monday with limited stamping, using designer paper and a simple saying.

1. I cut the designer paper 1 inch longer than I normally would ( 6 by 3 3/4) and folded up the bottom in.  Both sides of the paper show without much work.

2. I stamped the leaf in Blackberry Bliss ink on whisper white card stock.  It seemed a little to bold a contrast so I sponged some Blackberry ink on the edges.

3. I baked the stamped piece with Mint Macaron card stock, used a small strip for the simple saying which I inked with Blackberry ink.

4. The final touch was to put one of the Faceted Dots in the center of the leaf.

Simple and I was finished in 15 minutes or less once I figured out how I wanted to card to look.

I gave blood today.  I like to do my part to help those who need it.  Well, I guess I did not wait long enough after eating so I almost passed out.  It affected my afternoon, so I am posting this a bit late.  The experience will not affect my willingness to give blood again.  I will either wait an hour longer before giving or wait an extra month.

Such a beautiful day today.  I hope to get a walk in later on after my stamp club meets.

Have a great day yourself, and try to get in some stamping.
Sushi

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment