Friday, September 21, 2018

Simple Subtles Fun Fact Friday Coloring with a Stencil

  Can you tell what I made all the balloons from?  I used the Subtles designer paper stack and made sure I included one of each one of the colors in the Subtles collection.  


I knew I wanted some clouds in the background and immediately thought of the cloud stencil that was first intended to be used with the embossing paste.  I have done that already and liked the results, but thought that maybe it could be used in other ways.

First I scribbled with water color pencils inside each cloud.  Then I used a blender pen to blend the scribbles. I love how this works and that you don't have to color a solid patch with the pencils to get a solid result.

Another way to make the clouds would be to take a sponge or dauber and fill each cloud with color daubed or sponged from the ink pad.

And finally you can use the Stampin Blends.  These are my favorite because the light and dark shade can be used together to make some shading.

For today's card I used the sponging technique which is the fastest and I knew the clouds would barely show.  Have fun finding your stencils and using a variety of different coloring tools to make them backgrounds on your cards.

Come back next week when I will be sharing different ways you can use the Stamparatus.  I will be having a class in October I'm calling Meet the Stamparatus.  

This weekend I will be having a downline meeting of the Super Snails.  We always welcome visitors to see what we are all about, and of course new members.  

Till next week,
Happy Stamping,
Sushi

Product List
Pool Party Classic Stampin' Pad
Pool Party Classic Stampin' Pad
[126982]
$6.50

No comments:

Post a Comment