Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Simple Subtles Buffalo Check Technique Tuesday-


What are your feelings about plaid?  I love the idea of plaid and all the different combinations that exist out there.  There is a new stamp in the Holiday catalog that I really like called the Buffalo Check.  If you visit Pinterest at all, you can find oodles of samples using this background stamp.

My technique for today is how to take the Buffalo check stamp and turn it into a plaid. I can't believe how easy it is.

1. Ink up the stamp in a favorite color.  It is a large stamp so it should be inked upside down with the ink pad being tapped on top of the rubber.

2. Take a piece of neutral card stock and lay it on top of the inked stamp and press. When you lift it up you should have a great checked pattern.

3. Find a marker of a color that would go with your background.  

4. With a ruler make a line or lines of contrasting color on top of your stamped image.  You now have a plaid background. Isn't that easy!

Here is my Technique Tuesday video showing how to create this great looking plaid.








I have a second simple technique I used on today's card to make the tree image stand out a bit more.

1. Stamp and cut the tree image.

2. Cut 2-3 additional trees from a dark card stock.  I used Early Espresso.

3. Glue these together and add them to the back of the tree by slightly gluing them off center. They make a shadow effect that helps the tree stand out even more.

These two techniques together help make this a great card.



I have been cleaning and organizing my stamping room.  It is something I like to do every few months.  It is amazing the things you can find when you do this.  And it is amazing how you change your mind on what items you want to keep and what items you can let go.  

Tomorrow, I will share a card that I consider a WOW card.  It uses a new embossing folder, daubers, and more Subtle colors.

Till then,
Happy Stamping
Sushi

My Paper Pumpkin kit is due to arrive today around 5 PM.  I intentionally have not looked at samples people have posted.  I like to be totally surprised.  Look for my Box Opening Video tomorrow.  I can't wait to see it!!!!!!

Product List


No comments:

Post a Comment