Friday, September 14, 2018

Falling For Leaves-Fun Fact Friday

Aren't these detailed leaves just stunning?  These were made with some of the thinlits that are a part of the Falling for Leaves bundle. They are quite detailed and could be a problem cutting them out.

I recently  learned a new technique for cutting that has made this part effortless.

1. Place your thinlit on the Big Shot cutting plate with the cutting edge up.  Yes, up not down, like we usually do.

2. Place your paper on top of the thinlit and run it through the Big Shot 2 or 3 times.

3. Turn the thinlit over and rub the brush from the Big Shot die brush over the thinlit 2 or 3 times with a firm hand.

4. When you turn the thinlit over your image will be cut out and released from the thinlit.  If it is not released then use a paper piercing tool on some of the tiny holes to help release the paper.

Since I have been using this technique with my detailed thinlits I have decreased my frustration level considerably  Try it and see if you like this way better.

I feel like I am ready for Fall Occasions with the cards I have presented this week.  These sets can be yours by clicking on the supplies I have listed each day at the end of my post.  By clicking on the actual supply you will be automatically connected to my store and can start a shopping list. 

If you would like to be informed each time I post on my blog you can sign up on the right hand sign of the page, by sending me your email address.

If you would like to receive my newsletter, then you can sign up for that in the appropriate spot.

Next week, I will be sharing cards that will be featured in my Simply Subtles card class.  Come check them out.

Tomorrow, I will be spending the day with my second favorite hobby, sewing.  We will be sewing a quilt that is made from fabric called a Jelly Roll.  I will share a picture on Monday IF I get the top pieced.

Whatever is your pleasure, enjoy your weekend,
Happy Stamping,
Sushi


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment