Wednesday, January 30, 2013

How to Fix an Embossing Folder

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   Have you tried to emboss with an embossing folder only to have the image tear and look pretty ragged?  That happened to me when I first used the Woodgrain embossing folder and then again when I used the Vine Street folder that is one of the free items offered as a part of Sale A Bration.
    
     I finally found  solution that works like a charm. 
1.  Cut a piece of Vellum card stock that is slightly smaller than the top part of your embossing folder. (The side with the StampinUp logo on it)
2.  Place several stripes of Snail adhesive on the Vellum card stock about every inch top to bottom.
3.  Press the Vellum onto the top layer of the embossing folder.
  
    Now, when you emboss the paper will come out looking smooth and no wrinkles can be found.  I am not sure where I learned this technique, but I thank the person who discovered it because it has changed the quality of some of my embossing. 
    What is your favorite embossing folder?



 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment