Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Winter Wonderland




     Isn't this card stunning!  When I look through a pile of swaps or cards that someone shows me certain cards seem to jump out at me.  That was the case with this card.  I do see a pattern of the kind of card that appeals to me.  The trees and the white accents were what drew my attention to this card.  What do you think was used to make the special effect of snow on this card?  The people that attended the Blank card class were able to find out first had and make one just like this for themselves.
 Here are the steps we used....

1. Stamp the background trees on Old Olive card stock with Early Espresso ink.To get the effect of being in the distance stamp on scrap paper first before stamping on the card stock. (This is called stamping off

2. Stamp the trees in the front using the ink full strength.

3. Use a dauber to brush White Craft ink in the sky area. 

4. Use a blender pen dipped in White craft ink to make white marks on the branches.

Now, what can be simpler than that.

Did you notice that the base of the card has a background stamp on it?  The stamp is called Woodgrain and is the size of the front of the card. I wonder how this card could be recreated and used for another season?

1 comment: